Covecube Inc.
plebann

SSD Optimizer problem

Question

Hi.

I'm using DrivePool with SSD Optimizer plugin (with option Fill ssd drives up to 90%).

I have dedicated partition on my ssd (small, 70GB), SSD Optimizer plugin configured and worked as expected till now.

Free space on SSD Partition - 22GB.

Trying to copy one file 43GB to DrivePool Pool (with have 2TB free space) and give error "Not enough free space".

I'm assuming that SSD Optimizer plugin is trying to put new file on my SSD disk, but this file is larger that free space on that disk but - there is still more than 10% free space on that disk and plugin is forcing to place new file on sdd partition.

I suppose i'm right because when i disabled SSD Optimizer plugin i was able to copy that file no problem.

Is this real issue or i need to improve my SSD Optimizer settings?

So I don't use the Ssd optimiser. But from the text, it actually says it has the option to fill the pooled disks in am order. Must be some switch/option in the setting of that balancer.

What I am seeing is that I copy files to the pool, and the SSD eventually fills to 95% as is set in the maximum use settings in the SSD Optimizer. The files never shed off onto hard disks. In the File Placement tab, should the SSD be removed from the File Placement options?

On 6/29/2020 at 7:27 PM, RobbieH said:

What I am seeing is that I copy files to the pool, and the SSD eventually fills to 95% as is set in the maximum use settings in the SSD Optimizer. The files never shed off onto hard disks. In the File Placement tab, should the SSD be removed from the File Placement options?

Make sure the SSDs are unticked in the "Archive" column in the optimizer settings?