Covecube Inc.
jaynew

GSuite RIP, No More Unlimited

Question

So today Google announced GSuite is being rebranded Workspace, and with that unlimited storage options go enterprise only - minimum of 300 users for an enterprise account.

I called support and they claim that the data we have up there already will stay after the transition on 15JAN2021, but we won't be able to upload any new files. Just able to read the data.

My question then becomes - can StableBit CloudDrive work in read-only mode with a cloud provider?

If we're not uploading any new data, will the program allow us to read from Google correctly without writing to Google?

4 answers to this question

On 10/6/2020 at 9:27 AM, jaynew said:

So today Google announced GSuite is being rebranded Workspace, and with that unlimited storage options go enterprise only - minimum of 300 users for an enterprise account.

I called support and they claim that the data we have up there already will stay after the transition on 15JAN2021, but we won't be able to upload any new files. Just able to read the data.

My question then becomes - can StableBit CloudDrive work in read-only mode with a cloud provider?

If we're not uploading any new data, will the program allow us to read from Google correctly without writing to Google?

Another question is, does anyone have another provider comparable or better to gdrive? In terms of costs and quotas?

It looks like Google's Enterprise Standard plan still has unlimited for even a single user for $20 a month. So this change appears to be little more than a price increase for people who were previously using their unlimited business plan. That remains, to my knowledge, the only provider comparable to Google's own previous plan.

On 10/12/2020 at 8:29 PM, JulesTop said:

Another question is, does anyone have another provider comparable or better to gdrive? In terms of costs and quotas?

Dropbox has an offer of unlimited space "dropbox business advanced" but at least 3 useres have to pay. I opend in off-topic a thread, where I already aked if someone is willing to team up for a dropbox business advanced account or another unlimited space provider.

On 10/17/2020 at 7:22 PM, Simon83 said:

Dropbox has an offer of unlimited space "dropbox business advanced" but at least 3 useres have to pay. I opend in off-topic a thread, where I already aked if someone is willing to team up for a dropbox business advanced account or another unlimited space provider.

Hi Simon,  good idea.... I think box.com is cheaper ?