Jump to content
Covecube Inc.
  • 1
KiLLeRRaT

Google Drive: The limit for this folder's number of children (files and folders) has been exceeded

Question

Hi All,

I've recently noticed that my drive has 40GB to be uploaded, and saw there are errors in the top left.  Clicking that showed 

Quote

The limit for this folder's number of children (files and folders) has been exceeded

What's the deal here, and is this going to be an ongoing issue with growing drives?

My drive is a 15TB drive, with 6TB free (so only using 9TB).

Attached is my drive's info screen.

EDIT: Cloud Drive Version: 1.1.5.1249 on Windows Server 2016.

 

Cheers,

2020-06-18 11_42_07-mRemoteNG - confCons.xml - oscar.gouws.org.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 1

For 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:43 PM, KiLLeRRaT said:

What's the deal here, and is this going to be an ongoing issue with growing drives?

This is a known issue. It's not CloudDrive specifically.   It's a change with Google's APIs.  We've seen this mostly with personal APIs but it seems that Google has "flipped the switch" and enabled this limitation globally, now.

 The public release version does not have the fix to handle this, right now.   However, the latest beta versions do.  But upgrading to the beta reorganizes the contents, so you can't downgrade, and expect to have te drive working, in that case. 

you can wait for a new release with this fix (which will likely be soon, because we're seeing a significant number of people running into this issue). Or you can grab the beta here:
http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.2.0.1356_x64_BETA.exe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
On 7/7/2020 at 10:04 PM, Chase said:

All of my drives are working and I have no errors...EXCEPT the last beta that changed the GoogleDrive_ConcurrentRequestCount to "2" appears to be causing issues. My drives tend to do a lot of reading and writing...it's for a plex server. And 2 concurrent causes CloudDrive to tell me I don't have enough bandwidth. I have tried to change the setting in the "settings.json" but it isn't accepting the change.

 

 

The newest beta works great for me - i still have a great speeds and the drives are upgrading fine (25% per day)!

 

Only annoying bug i have atm is that if i try to attach a new drive, then it will fail and give me a folder i cant delete. After a reboot the drive will mount (although it said it failed, but due to the folder being there) but not upgrade as it is supposed to.

So since im moving my drives to a new server im only able to move and upgrade 1 drive at a time (although my drives are split over 5 google accounts and in theory have api limits on each account).

 

So my wish would be a new version which supports mounting new drives, while an existing is upgrading :) - and fixing so that a drive which fails at being mounted doesnt get undeleteable due to being in use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

I finally bit the bullet last night and converted my drives. I'd like to report that even in excess of 250TB, the new conversion process finished basically instantly and my drive is fully functional. If anyone else has been waiting, it would appear to be fine to upgrade to the new format now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

Same here, started happening after I tried to upload a bunch of files, using latest version, I was hoping this was a thing of the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

Same as @kaeller - this just started happening to me for the first time ever (3+ year SBCD user). I recently upgraded to v1.1.6.1318. plex use. 11 "containers" on one GSuite account. Ten totaling 72TB, one totaling 72TB. Never did any of these "drive upgrades" everyone on the thread seems to be talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

I am also having the same issue here, never had a problem before! I also use PLEX. I have 4 drives all stored on different accounts, and a 5th I use for direct backup without CloudDrive. I am basically at a total loos on what to do! I am using version 1.1.6.1318. 

I would appreciate any help that is available! 

I run my PLEX on a dedicated server in a datacenter, amazing bandwidth, hence using 5 accounts to alleviate the daily upload cap. 

Could this be something with the changes from GSuite to Workspaces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

I have installed the last beta because if you read the changelog, several modifications for this in beta since several versions.

I not forced manually like JoeyD but all cloud drive with problems are forced upgrade at unlock, it's indicated and fast.

(maybe hybrid Flat/Hierarchical, because explanations in changelog)

Quote

Created a new chunk organization for Google Drive called Hierarchical Pure.
    - All new drives will be Hierarchical Pure.
    - Flat upgraded drives will be Hierarchical, which is now a hybrid Flat / Hierarchical mode.
    - Upgrading from Flat -> Hierarchical is very fast and involves no file moves.

 

More details in changelog in http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/changes.txt

In .1305 .1307 ...

 

And after upload is good for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, KiLLeRRaT said:

Hi All,

I've recently noticed that my drive has 40GB to be uploaded, and saw there are errors in the top left.  Clicking that showed 

What's the deal here, and is this going to be an ongoing issue with growing drives?

My drive is a 15TB drive, with 6TB free (so only using 9TB).

Attached is my drive's info screen.

EDIT: Cloud Drive Version: 1.1.5.1249 on Windows Server 2016.

 

Cheers,

2020-06-18 11_42_07-mRemoteNG - confCons.xml - oscar.gouws.org.png

I just started getting the same thing today. Based on the coincidence of both of us having the issue in the same day, this may be a Google issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I know Googledrive has a file and folder limit, but now I don't know what the number is. In my case I'm not having, for now, this error but due to the large amount of folders and files I have on my drive I don't think I'll have much left to overcome it.  Good news that our DriveCloud will warn us about that error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, kird said:

I know Googledrive has a file and folder limit, but now I don't know what the number is. In my case I'm not having, for now, this error but due to the large amount of folders and files I have on my drive I don't think I'll have much left to overcome it.  Good news that our DriveCloud will warn us about that error.

I doubt I hit my file and folder limit. The reason I say that is that I deleted a few folders and their files, and nothing changed. I still get this error and my uploads are hanging.

I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, JulesTop said:

I doubt I hit my file and folder limit. The reason I say that is that I deleted a few folders and their files, and nothing changed. I still get this error and my uploads are hanging.

I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else...

Figuring it out, have you deleted the files from the recycle bin? If you have not configured it in a special way, by default the deleted files go there and if they are not deleted they still count for space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, kird said:

Figuring it out, have you deleted the files from the recycle bin? If you have not configured it in a special way, by default the deleted files go there and if they are not deleted they still count for space.

My windows recycling bin? I went there and it is empty. Just in case, I just changed the settings for my cloud drive to permanently be deleted without being stored in the recycling bin.

I also went to my actual Google drive we interface, however, the bin is empty. I'm still having the issue... It's weird, I deleted a bunch of files and still have the issue. I have it setup with 20MB chunks... So my drive would likely have to be humongous to reach the file limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yes, i was referring logically to the recycle bin of your gdrive account, the windows one here plays no role. As I understand it here the point is not the amount of Gb/Tb in files on the drive but the total number of folders that can be nested in the account.

If I understand correctly, according to this information the error occurs when it reaches 500.000 folders, files... inside a root folder in the drive.

"A numChildrenInNonRootLimitExceeded error occurs when the limit for a folder's number of children (folders, files, and shortcuts) has been exceeded. There is a 500,000 item limit for folders, files, and shortcuts directly in a folder. Items nested in subfolders do not count against this 500,000 item limit."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, kird said:

Yes, i was referring logically to the recycle bin of your gdrive account, the windows one here plays no role. As I understand it here the point is not the amount of Gb/Tb in files on the drive but the total number of folders that can be nested in the account.

If I understand correctly, according to this information the error occurs when it reaches 500.000 folders, files... inside a root folder in the drive.

"A numChildrenInNonRootLimitExceeded error occurs when the limit for a folder's number of children (folders, files, and shortcuts) has been exceeded. There is a 500,000 item limit for folders, files, and shortcuts directly in a folder. Items nested in subfolders do not count against this 500,000 item limit."

In that case... there is definitely something wrong... I don't believe I should be anywhere near that as Stabelbit is the only thing that manages my google drive. You can see in the attachment that my root directory only has one folder, and deeper to that, it's all managed by stablebit clouddrive.

image.thumb.png.188c13f4edbf5ac469cb037bf68de284.pngimage.thumb.png.d32a0703f3cce2e016f2f07bf5ab2c2e.pngimage.png.fe190a1c2eb40b1eb943f42e7db1e204.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

From the numbers shown there, it doesn't seem to be your case at all. This can be best traced from the unit mounted on your PC and looking at your Gdrive's statistics. 

Let's see if the developers can shed some light on the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, kird said:

From the numbers shown there, it doesn't seem to be your case at all. This can be best traced from the unit mounted on your PC and looking at your Gdrive's statistics. 

Let's see if the developers can shed some light on the subject.

I'm not sure if this is helpful...
image.thumb.png.40b55c6e9cb7b46f8c544b31a18d72d3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

That information gives you the error we talked about but it doesn't show anything of the total files/folders contained in a root folder. At least I can't see it. 

When I say look at your locally mounted unit (it's decrypted) I mean this. As you can see in the image it's still far away from the 500,000

 

 

43534.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, kird said:

That information gives you the error we talked about but it doesn't show anything of the total files/folders contained in a root folder. At least I can't see it. 

When I say look at your locally mounted unit (it's decrypted) I mean this. As you can see in the image it's still far away from the 500,000

 

 

43534.PNG

BTW, I really appreciate the help. Here it is.

I wonder if there is a way of counting the number of chunks in google drive... since that is really what adds up

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 6.43.07 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

In your image I don't see any appreciation for having exceeded the limit. I wouldn't know what else to tell you. Let's wait and see what the developers say, it's a error which must be verified where it can come from and it's basic to know. I guess now your gdrive is not operational, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, kird said:

In your image I don't see any appreciation for having exceeded the limit. I wouldn't know what else to tell you. Let's wait and see what the developers say, it's a error which must be verified where it can come from and it's basic to know. I guess now your gdrive is not operational, right?

I can download from the gdrive without issue. I can also upload to the root of the gdrive without problem (manually). When I tried adding a file to the clouddrive content folder manually (via the gdrive web interface), it fails.

It looks like there is an issue with the content folder... Maybe @Alex or @Christopher (Drashna) can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, JulesTop said:

When I tried adding a file to the clouddrive content folder manually (via the gdrive web interface)

I have never been able to download or upload anything via gdrive web, all content is encrypted. How do you do it? In my case to upload/download content always through the mounted network drive or Air Explorer (great for managing clouds) but never from the google web interface.

Yup, hopefully they can fix this nasty error or give information.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So the issue has been "fixed". There must be a bug or something, but not sure if it's on Google's side or stablebit.

I deleted the file that I figured it was stuck trying to upload. The file I deleted was about 20GB, and there was over 65GB in queue to upload. As soon as I deleted the 20GB file from my computer (which was on the clouddrive), my upload queue seemed to just resume. It didn't drop by 20GB... It just resumed.

 

Anyway, everything seems to be totally back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm glad you were able to fix that nasty error on your own. By the way, which version of CloudDrive are you using? I can tell you that in my case there is a version that I keep as a real gem because it is like the "holy grail" for all kinds of errors that the drive may involve. This version is v1.1.0.1051

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 6/20/2020 at 2:12 PM, kird said:

I'm glad you were able to fix that nasty error on your own. By the way, which version of CloudDrive are you using? I can tell you that in my case there is a version that I keep as a real gem because it is like the "holy grail" for all kinds of errors that the drive may involve. This version is v1.1.0.1051

I was on the latest stable (I think the last 4 digits we're 1249) when this occured. After a couple of days, I updated to the latest Beta to try and solve it.

Also, I realized that at some point I removed my personal gdrive API credentials from the config file, and this is about the time the issue resolved. I just put back my personal API credentials and re-authorized and the issue came back. I yet again switched back to 'null' (the default stablebit API credentials) and the issue went away again... I wonder if there are higher API limits with the Stablebit credentials.

 

Maybe @Christopher (Drashna) can shed some light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...