Covecube Inc.
KiLLeRRaT

Google Drive: The limit for this folder's number of children (files and folders) has been exceeded

Question

Hi All,

I've recently noticed that my drive has 40GB to be uploaded, and saw there are errors in the top left.  Clicking that showed 

The limit for this folder's number of children (files and folders) has been exceeded

What's the deal here, and is this going to be an ongoing issue with growing drives?

My drive is a 15TB drive, with 6TB free (so only using 9TB).

Attached is my drive's info screen.

EDIT: Cloud Drive Version: 1.1.5.1249 on Windows Server 2016.

Cheers,

2020-06-18 11_42_07-mRemoteNG - confCons.xml - oscar.gouws.org.png

On 7/22/2020 at 12:07 PM, srcrist said:

I'm still not seeing an issue here. Might want to open a ticket and submit a troubleshooter and see if Christopher and Alex can see a problem. It doesn't seem to be universal for this release.

Might do that if it keeps happening. Out of curiosity, can you share your I/O Performance settings?

14 minutes ago, darkly said:

Might do that if it keeps happening. Out of curiosity, can you share your I/O Performance settings?

Sure. Presently using:

• 12 down threads, 5 up threads
  • Background I/O Disabled
  • Upload throttling at 70mbits/s
  • Upload threshold at 1MB or 5mins
  • 20MB Minimum download size
  • Prefetching enabled with:
    • 8MB trigger
    • 150MB forward
    • and a 15 second window

Just now, srcrist said:

Sure. Presently using:

• 12 down threads, 5 up threads
  • Background I/O Disabled
  • Upload throttling at 70mbits/s
  • Upload threshold at 1MB or 5mins
  • 20MB Minimum download size
  • Prefetching enabled with:
    • 8MB trigger
    • 150MB forward
    • and a 15 second window

Are you using this for plex or something similar as well? I've been uploading several hundred gigabytes per day over the last few days and that's when I'm seeing the error come up. It doesn't seem to affect performance or anything. It usually continues just fine, but that error pops up 1-3 times, sometimes more. My settings are just about the same with some slight differences in the Prefetcher section. I've seen a handful of conflicting suggestions when it comes to that here. This is what I have right now: image.png.ea77e801a715116d66640b6b662b5735.png
Don't think that should cause the issues I'm seeing though... Are you also using your own API keys?

I use CloudDrive for a few things, but the largest drive, which is the one that I just gave you settings for, is for media, yes. It's constantly uploading as well, basically. I am not currently using my own API keys for that drive. There isn't really an "optimal" prefetcher setting--it just depends on your needs. I shouldn't really impact this.