Clouddrive continues to attempt uploading when at gdrive upload limit

andy0123456

Question

Is there any way to fix this? So I woke up to find the 750gb upload limit has hit, but cloud drive has 90gb left to upload and it keeps retrying even though it can't make progress.

Is there any way to disable this functionality? We can pause writing on a throttling error, but then I assume a throttled connection that isn't related to the upload limit would then pause everything too, plus each time it happens you would have to manually unpause once the throttling is done.

Maybe providers should have a circuit breaker on uploads or similar?

image.thumb.png.657f27c69d7c0a4a3c172c837b556fd7.png

8 answers to this question

On 3/27/2021 at 5:41 PM, Shane said:

Something like "If user rate limit exceeded, defer uploads for ____ minutes" (and another for downloads) ?

+1 for this, or "Daily upload limit". Throttling upload speed also limits the amount of overhead request data to download from the cloud, so by limiting upload speed, you are de facto limiting download speed. 

Just a heads up, yes, it does continue to attempt to upload, but we use an exponential backoff when the software gets throttling requests like this. 

However, a daily limit or schedular is something that has been requested and is on our "to do"/feature request list.  I just don't have an ETA for when it would be considered or implemented.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:05 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

However, a daily limit or schedular is something that has been requested and is on our "to do"/feature request list.  I just don't have an ETA for when it would be considered or implemented.

This would be great, currently I feel I have to micromanage uploads manually to make the most of my upload bandwidth and use the 750GB/day quota.

Hi,

+1 to this request. I use CloudDrive as part of a offline+online pool in DrivePool, and it's a challenge to coordinate backups while navigating the 750GB upload cap.

Would be great if there's improved scheduling communication between DrivePool and CloudDrive, i.e. for DrivePool to scale back when cache drives are full, or uploads are rate limited, and to increase priority when there's sufficient bandwidth + no backlogged writes.