Jump to content
Covecube Inc.
  • 0
easyrider

Hiding Drives

Question

Is there an option in drive pool to hide drives from view if they are part of the pool?

I would like to see just one Drive pool drive not loads of individual drives in windows explorer...

Is this an option?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 4/20/2020 at 7:34 PM, Umfriend said:

Couldn't you just remove the drive letters? DP does not need them.

I would still like to access the data on the single drives...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, easyrider said:

I would still like to access the data on the single drives...

In that case, remove the drive letters but map the drives to folders within the Pool. I don;t know exactly how that works but it can be done and has been discussed here in the fora.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You can remove the drive letters and map to folder paths.  We actually have a guide on how to do this:
https://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q4822624

On 4/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, easyrider said:

Thanks...that’s a cool little program...would be great to have something like that built into drive pool...

It would be, but the only problem is that it would be too easy to break existing configurations.  Which is why we don't have the option to do so.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/24/2020 at 9:55 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

You can remove the drive letters and map to folder paths.  We actually have a guide on how to do this:
https://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q4822624

It would be, but the only problem is that it would be too easy to break existing configurations.  Which is why we don't have the option to do so.   

 

If I mount the drives in the pool to say C:\DrivePool\"  and in the future format my windows drive...How to I access the data on the drives?

 

Apologies if this is  a noob question....I just dont want to break anything.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You'd just remount the drives. 

The "mount folders" are a "reparse point" that just tell the system to "look at this volume".  So the data isn't actually on the C: drive. 

Since formatting or repartitioning just wipes the C: volume, those pointers are removed.  The pooled drives are not touched, at all. Other than having the mount points removed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

You'd just remount the drives. 

The "mount folders" are a "reparse point" that just tell the system to "look at this volume".  So the data isn't actually on the C: drive. 

Since formatting or repartitioning just wipes the C: volume, those pointers are removed.  The pooled drives are not touched, at all. Other than having the mount points removed. 

 

Brilliant thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...