Jump to content
Covecube Inc.
  • 0
davidkain

I/O Error - Trouble Uploading Data to Google Drive

Question

Hi there,

I recently set up CloudDrive and CloudPool via Google Drive, and it was working beautifully until about a week ago.

I started seeing this error, and while attempting to migrate or upload files I'd see a good initial transfer speed drop down to almost nothing before timing out.

pk0sKk7.png

I've seen something similar to this reported in the forums for specific beta versions of CloudDrive. Here's my current version: 1.1.1.1165

Here are my I/O Performance settings (I hadn't been hitting any sort of throttling previously, but maybe there's something I need to set here to help avoid that?):

image.png.c8caa4a4636b3347857ed113d3a2cc29.png

Appreciate your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, davidkain said:

Hi there,

I recently set up CloudDrive and CloudPool via Google Drive, and it was working beautifully until about a week ago.

I started seeing this error, and while attempting to migrate or upload files I'd see a good initial transfer speed drop down to almost nothing before timing out.

pk0sKk7.png

I've seen something similar to this reported in the forums for specific beta versions of CloudDrive. Here's my current version: 1.1.1.1165

Here are my I/O Performance settings (I hadn't been hitting any sort of throttling previously, but maybe there's something I need to set here to help avoid that?):

image.png.c8caa4a4636b3347857ed113d3a2cc29.png

Appreciate your help!

Try the newest version:

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.1.2.1174_x64_BETA.exe

It should fix the issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

As steffanmand said, that was a known bug in the 1165 release. It's fixed in the latest BETAs. Just use the link he provided. It'll be in the next stable version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, davidkain said:

Thank you! Trying the beta now.

On a related note, is there a way in-program to verify the current active version?

It's at the very bottom of the main UI window. Just below the drive status indicator bar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, srcrist said:

It's at the very bottom of the main UI window. Just below the drive status indicator bar. 

Ha! Well that's what I get for digging through menus and not combing the main UI first.

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, steffenmand said:

Have you been using the latest release without issues? I installed .1173 earlier, and while the upload issue seemed to be fixed, my computer would randomly shut off (probably BSOD crashes) every couple of hours. I did install latest versions of DrivePool, Scanner, and Windows at the same time, so it could have been one of those; however, after reverting back to .1145 on CloudDrive, I haven't faced the issue again. I am just hesitant to update now, so waiting until I hear it's fully stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 minutes ago, RG9400 said:

Have you been using the latest release without issues? I installed .1173 earlier, and while the upload issue seemed to be fixed, my computer would randomly shut off (probably BSOD crashes) every couple of hours. I did install latest versions of DrivePool, Scanner, and Windows at the same time, so it could have been one of those; however, after reverting back to .1145 on CloudDrive, I haven't faced the issue again. I am just hesitant to update now, so waiting until I hear it's fully stable.

I've been using 1165 on one of my Win10 machines for the longest time with no problems, and I mean heavy usage, hitting the 750GB daily upload cap for a week straight once. The same version ran into the "thread aborted" issue within a couple days on my Server 2012 machine, but 1171 fixed it. Need to install 1174 now to test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm still experiencing this on 1.1.2.1177

I went and wiped my cloud drive and started from scratch on 1174 couple of weeks ago, and so far uploaded 9TB of data, but this issue arose again two days ago. After restarting my PC yesterday the uploads continued, until today they are stuck with I/O errors again after half a TB or so.

Instead of a reboot I attempted to restart the clouddrive service, and now it's uploading again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I've had to restart the service now daily. I'm now running the troubleshooter before restarting the service yet again. I think I'll need to schedule automatic restarts to it every 12 hours or so if this keeps up. Since last restart, I was able to upload 340GB succesfully (100Mbit up).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi,

I just wanted to chime in to say that I am experiencing issues almost identical to what the OP has described. At this time, I am unable to upload at all. When I try to upload data, it will indicated that the program is downloading but upload remains at 0 bit/s. Additionally, today when I went to use the computer, I noticed it was asking me to logon to Windows. I  had only stepped away from it maybe 20 minutes prior and knew I didn't restart it. Sure enough, it had restarted and confirmed after glancing at the event viewer. 

I am on 1.1.2.1178 by the way and going to check to see if this is the latest beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Can you check if the drive was performing cleanup? On .1184, I have noticed that the drive does not have trouble uploading on a routine basis, but whenever it has to clean up data (every week by default if you turn on Pinned Data Duplication), the drive starts aborting threads. It also ends up using up to 14GB of memory, and it has crashed the CloudDrive service and my PC before. I have opened a ticket and am awaiting a reply, but it is possible the issue is related. 

While I am debating going back to .1145 (the last "stable" version that at least I used), for now, I just restart the service when it enters cleanup mode. It says the drive needs to perform cleanup, but I just don't click on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I just ended up downgrading from 1.1.2.1178 back to the Beta 1145 due to persistent issues where some times it would be fine and upload and other times it would show this error and be in limbo of not doing anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...