Covecube Inc.
davidkain

I/O Error - Trouble Uploading Data to Google Drive

Question

Hi there,

I recently set up CloudDrive and CloudPool via Google Drive, and it was working beautifully until about a week ago.

I started seeing this error, and while attempting to migrate or upload files I'd see a good initial transfer speed drop down to almost nothing before timing out.

pk0sKk7.png

I've seen something similar to this reported in the forums for specific beta versions of CloudDrive. Here's my current version: 1.1.1.1165

Here are my I/O Performance settings (I hadn't been hitting any sort of throttling previously, but maybe there's something I need to set here to help avoid that?):

image.png.c8caa4a4636b3347857ed113d3a2cc29.png

Appreciate your help!

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, davidkain said:

Hi there,

I recently set up CloudDrive and CloudPool via Google Drive, and it was working beautifully until about a week ago.

I started seeing this error, and while attempting to migrate or upload files I'd see a good initial transfer speed drop down to almost nothing before timing out.

pk0sKk7.png

I've seen something similar to this reported in the forums for specific beta versions of CloudDrive. Here's my current version: 1.1.1.1165

Here are my I/O Performance settings (I hadn't been hitting any sort of throttling previously, but maybe there's something I need to set here to help avoid that?):

image.png.c8caa4a4636b3347857ed113d3a2cc29.png

Appreciate your help!

Try the newest version:

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.1.2.1174_x64_BETA.exe

It should fix the issues

As steffanmand said, that was a known bug in the 1165 release. It's fixed in the latest BETAs. Just use the link he provided. It'll be in the next stable version. 

4 minutes ago, davidkain said:

Thank you! Trying the beta now.

On a related note, is there a way in-program to verify the current active version?

It's at the very bottom of the main UI window. Just below the drive status indicator bar. 

3 minutes ago, srcrist said:

It's at the very bottom of the main UI window. Just below the drive status indicator bar. 

Ha! Well that's what I get for digging through menus and not combing the main UI first.

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, steffenmand said:

Have you been using the latest release without issues? I installed .1173 earlier, and while the upload issue seemed to be fixed, my computer would randomly shut off (probably BSOD crashes) every couple of hours. I did install latest versions of DrivePool, Scanner, and Windows at the same time, so it could have been one of those; however, after reverting back to .1145 on CloudDrive, I haven't faced the issue again. I am just hesitant to update now, so waiting until I hear it's fully stable.

14 minutes ago, RG9400 said:

Have you been using the latest release without issues? I installed .1173 earlier, and while the upload issue seemed to be fixed, my computer would randomly shut off (probably BSOD crashes) every couple of hours. I did install latest versions of DrivePool, Scanner, and Windows at the same time, so it could have been one of those; however, after reverting back to .1145 on CloudDrive, I haven't faced the issue again. I am just hesitant to update now, so waiting until I hear it's fully stable.

I've been using 1165 on one of my Win10 machines for the longest time with no problems, and I mean heavy usage, hitting the 750GB daily upload cap for a week straight once. The same version ran into the "thread aborted" issue within a couple days on my Server 2012 machine, but 1171 fixed it. Need to install 1174 now to test.

I'm still experiencing this on 1.1.2.1177

I went and wiped my cloud drive and started from scratch on 1174 couple of weeks ago, and so far uploaded 9TB of data, but this issue arose again two days ago. After restarting my PC yesterday the uploads continued, until today they are stuck with I/O errors again after half a TB or so.

Instead of a reboot I attempted to restart the clouddrive service, and now it's uploading again.