Playing with chunk size

WBadminUser

Question

Saw the new beta and thought i would play with it. .421

I made a ACD drive with a 10MB chunk and literally couldn't upload a single block it just always throws the error http status conflict.

The 1MB chunks work fine. Been using them for days with zero errors

Thoughts?

*EDIT*

Anything larger then 1MB would throw these errors. But smaller blocks i was able to get into the cloud. Is it a potential timeout issue? and these bigger blocks i am not beating the allowed timeout or something?

If that is the case why are timeouts happening on data that is actually still in transit.

8 answers to this question

Saw the new beta and thought i would play with it. .421

I made a ACD drive with a 10MB chunk and literally couldn't upload a single block it just always throws the error http status conflict.

The 1MB chunks work fine. Been using them for days with zero errors

Thoughts?

*EDIT*

Anything larger then 1MB would throw these errors. But smaller blocks i was able to get into the cloud. Is it a potential timeout issue? and these bigger blocks i am not beating the allowed time or something?

If that is the case why are timeouts happening on data that is actually still in transit.

Saw this with 100mb blocks on .419 but 50mb blocks work fine for me. But I have 20mbps upload

What's your upload speed?  And how reliably is your connection?

From my experience (on .419 at the time) there is around a ~100s timeout at which the upload is aborted. This is what I saw at least with 100mb blocks. It would be nice to be able to define this (or have it scale with chunk size), but I then went to 50mb blocks and all is good. 

From my experience (on .419 at the time) there is around a ~100s timeout at which the upload is aborted. This is what I saw at least with 100mb blocks. It would be nice to be able to define this (or have it scale with chunk size), but I then went to 50mb blocks and all is good. 

I guess this is my opinion also. Why are timeouts happening while data is still being moved.

My connection while not great is stable. 5 megabit'ish 

It just doesn't make any sense that a 1MB chunk gets uploaded perfectly fine while a 2MB chunk times out while still being sent.

I recently installed .422 on WIN10 and created CloudDrive for both Google Drive and ACD.  Both were set on 10mb/10mb chunk and cache size.  No issues here.  In fact, the uploads were great!  For Google, I saw ~20Mbits/s.  

I didn't test ACD as much, but from the few files I uploaded prior to inserting it into a pool, seemed just fine.  My internet connection speeds average: 300mbps down/20mbps up.

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/

I believe anything newer then what they provide on their main download is a "use at your own risk"

Yes, any builds downloaded from here are "at your own risk".  

Some files are still in development when uploaded, and are actively being tested.

The public beta builds are more rigorously tested and the ones linked.

If you want a good indicator as to which build to grab, grab the "second" listed version number in the change log.

Right now, that would be .421.  This is because any changes have been "finalized" basically, and moved onto the next issue/feature. 

I recently installed .422 on WIN10 and created CloudDrive for both Google Drive and ACD.  Both were set on 10mb/10mb chunk and cache size.  No issues here.  In fact, the uploads were great!  For Google, I saw ~20Mbits/s.  

I didn't test ACD as much, but from the few files I uploaded prior to inserting it into a pool, seemed just fine.  My internet connection speeds average: 300mbps down/20mbps up.

Glad to hear it!

As for Amazon Cloud Drive, we're still waiting on production status. Until then, the connection will be throttled on our end, and definitely on Amazon's end.