+1 for GoogleDrive for Work support

Reptile

Question

Google Drive for Work means unlimited storage for about 40 dollar a month. And even normal googledrive accounts could be pooled together with drivepool. And nothing stops you from having multiple google accounts right.

Furthermore google has amazing speed. I get around 220 Mbit/s. Yes on gigabit fiber google allows to sync with up to 250 mbit/s per second. It would be wonderful to have Google Drive support.

Fast, afordable, unlimited.

Is there a beta release supporting this provider already?

Yours sincerely 

Reptile

Edit:

Preliminary Google Drive support added. 

Download available here:

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/

Note: these are internal beta builds and may not be stable. Try at your own risk.

Google Drive Support starts with build 1.0.0.408 (current recommended for Google Drive)

Edited by Christopher (Drashna)
Google Drive info

You mean like pinning the $MFT records? AKA "Filesystem metadata"?

Also, a larger cache and frequent indexing may keep the relevant files/blocks stored in the cache. (adaptive cache, after all). 

If you haven't guessed by now, I'm hesitant to give answers if I'm not absolutely certain about the answer.  

Also, I think there was a feature request for this... If not,  I'll make one. 

Possibly the MFT records yea - Not sure if that is what windows uses to "CheckIfFileExists". Like mentioned before Plex does this to all video files when trying to access the media on the web player or media player = massive load time per title.

The file headers would also be great, as you have to load data from all files when entering a folder. Having a folder with thousands of images means massive load, which seems to just give up at some point, showing only data for some of the files.

Letting both these types of data get cached (by user choice) would be an awesome feature which could speed up stuff at several places! 

If you could add it as a request, then Alex can look into if it is possible and if it is worthwhile doing vs time it takes.

Seconded. I know exactly what @steffenmand is talking about and it can get quite annoying but not unbearable.

Hi Christopher!

Was this added as a request ?

It really does cause the drive to go on overload in folders with lots of files. It will just start loading data from the drive for ages often with prefetching kicking in at each file if set at 1 MB start.  Really would be a feature to make everything feel a lot smoother. Currently my usage is "Open folder -> as quickly as possible find the file i want --> open it --> hurry and close the main folder, so i can stop all the download process for MFT headers"

A specific feature request? I don't remember.  I'll have to double check, or just open a new one. 

Though, I believe that we've discussed it internally. 

Screw it, if there is a request, then there are two now. 

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/27099

Though, we do have an option "pin directory data" option already. That may help with folder traversal, and enumeration times. 

Also, unless there is a good reason here, I'm going to close this thread in the next few days. 

This thread has long since gotten "off topic" from the original topic) and has gotten very convoluted.  

If you guys have anything to add, please do open new threads about them (if you want to create new ones based on some of the stuff here, feel free)

You should check the public reply on the ticket.   :)

I noticed! Really look forward to this advanced pinning engine :) 

Now i only lack a bit larger chunks (maybe 50 mb if you find 100 mb too large) 

In general Stablebit CloudDrive has become a really awesome app. When the advanced pinning feature comes online i will post about it on the plex forums, as it then will be a perfect solution for plex users!

Hi Christoffer,

I know i have asked lots of times, but what is the options for larger chunks on google ? - Im getting a lot of rate exceeded and larger chunks would help slow down the api calls as well as increase the general upload/download as the response time is the real speed killer atm.

You had it working on amazon before the new api, shouldn't it be easy to migrate to the google provider ? - I know you most likely wont notice a difference, but us with really high speeds really do and 20 MB is still too small atm, which results in the rate exceeded due to excessive api calls