qBittorrent - The device is not ready

sfg

Question

Hi, I have drivepool 2.2.5.1237 with ~11 drives installed - no duplication or file placement rules. The only balancing plugin enabled is SSD optimizer for a SSD I use as a 'cache' drive for the pool.

I have ~3600 torrents seeding that all reside in the pool (B:\) on one of the 11 spinning drives. In the past, in the log, qBittorrent would occasionally show "error: the device is not ready". This coincided with unreadable sectors on one of my drives according to scanner. After I removed that drive, everything was good.

I am now getting the same error in qBittorrent, but all drives are healthy according to Scanner. Is there some sort of drivepool driver error that could be causing this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

6 answers to this question

Well, this is unrelated, but I highly recommend not using the B: drive letter for the pool, as Windows has some hard coded behavior in this regards.   Eg, it treats A: and B: as floppy drives, and constantly pings the drives. 

That said, torrents on the pool can be tricky, given the way that the torrent files work.  I would recommend storing the torrents outside of the pool, to be honest. 

On 11/17/2021 at 12:06 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Well, this is unrelated, but I highly recommend not using the B: drive letter for the pool, as Windows has some hard coded behavior in this regards.   Eg, it treats A: and B: as floppy drives, and constantly pings the drives.

Interesting, I did not know this. Even on Windows server editions?

Can you elaborate at all about torrents on the pool?