Placement in different controllers and/or groups of disks

rogerpinet

Question

Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible to configure file placement to be able to duplicate files in disks belonging to different controllers (or, in general, in different groups of disks), in order to protect ourselves from controller problems.

I have 14 disks, 7 in one controller and 7 in another one. One of the controllers failed last week and destroyed all the information of its disks… If the files were duplicated with copies on disks pertaining to different controllers, all the information would have been available.

Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Umfriend said:

DP has offered hierachical Pools since rencently, version 2.2.0.744 or so. If you're on an older version you'd need to update. Not sure if there has been a stable release already with this feature. I am running .746 BETA (an early adopter exactly for this feature).

Yes, I've seen that the "pool of pools" feature is available in v2.2 (currently in beta). This will be great and should be a solution to the issue I posted!

Thanks!