Google Drive - Checksum Mismatch - Data not Uploading

rbutler81

Question

Hi there, 

I've already done some scanning of the forums, but haven't found anything conclusive...

... I have a Google Drive mounted CloudDrive, I'm using ver 1.2.1.1539.

It's been working fine for a long time, but recently, I think maybe after an unexpected power outage, I'm receiving this error:

image.png.1d57eaf76c91b34ec4e6eda123d7a509.png

I have 21.2 GB in my upload queue, that will not upload, but there's data constantly being downloaded (as witnessed in the UI).

Is there something I can do to fix this? 

I can submit troubleshooting data against this ticket if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

R

5 answers to this question

I have had the same experience.  There is an article in the troubleshooting steps that tell you to run chkdsk (I forget the switch), but that didn't work for me.  The guide says you can turn on the ignore checksum errors, which worked for me for a while, but now I have the same experience that files aren't uploading.  The only solution I have found is to create a brand new disk and move files from one to the other.  The second disk does upload.  Support has indicated that the checksum errors are at the provider level and are not recoverable.

I did the same thing as you... I deleted my drive, and started a new one.

I uploaded about 7TB to that drive. It's been working fine for about a month, but in the last few days as started giving Checksum errors again, and not uploading.

What is going on? How have I been able to use Clouddrive for years and not have this issue, and now twice in a month?

Is there anything else to try?

Just to add another case here. 2 drives now showing this same error with files unable to upload. I've had this previously so I have already deleted and re-created drives (this time with data duplication turned on). Works for a while then the errors start again. Not sure if it's Google or Clouddrive but feels like this is too unreliable for proper use