Covecube Inc.
HTWingNut

Folder Duplication and Failed Drive Scenario

Question

I recently started using DrivePool. I love the concept, no worries about RAID configuration, and like the idea of having the data easily accessible if I just pull a drive. Granted data is scattered across multiple drives, but it's still regular data I can access from any Windows machine without need of special software or controller.

In any case, I am making use of folder duplication for my most critical files, but also have all the data on my server (duplicated and non duplicated) backed up to a single external drive on a regular basis.

That being said, I was thinking of the scenario where a drive goes bad. While the duplicated folder data can be recreated (assuming) if I throw in a replacement drive, how do I know what files were on the bad drive to restore from my backup drive? Is this a feature in DrivePool? Or would I need to resort to a third party app to do a file compare and restore?

Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet