Jump to content
Covecube Inc.
  • 3

Lost ability to open i/o performance settings


joebeem11
 Share

Question

Hi,

I am hoping someone may be able to assist with an issue regarding Clouddrive 1.0.2.976 on Windows 10.

I sometimes use the "I/O Performance" settings to adjust download or upload threads / change other settings. This has worked for as long as I can recall having the program installed (years).

For some reason, I am no longer able to open the I/O Performance settings. I click Manage Drive > Performance > I/O Performance and nothing opens for any drives attached. This just started happening within the last 4 or 5 hours.  Oddly,  nothing has changed that I am aware of. 

I have tried rebooting several times, tried repairing the installation, but still cannot open the settings. Has this ever occurred to anyone before? If so, how did you fix it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You posted in a ticket about this as well.  

This is very odd, and I'm not sure what would cause this.  other than maybe the MSI Afterburner product (as it can have some odd issues with the UI).

If you could, run the StableBit Troubleshooter.  
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter

And use the ticket number, or 3497.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Christopher, 

 

He is not the only one with this issue, I am also having the same.  The only way I could fix it was kill the services, uninstall.  Delete all data in appdata, reboot then reinstall.  Any updates on this?

 

Thanks,

 

Austin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Same thing happened to me about a week ago (wanted to change download & upload speed limits) and a reinstall of CloudDrive fixed it for me. 

Drive data was safe. Upon re-install, program quickly found my drive but I had to go thru the initial setup/preparation.

Haven't happened again ever since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

This is happening to me too. It happens when I edit one or more properties (or just click the save button without any changes) for "I/O Performance" settings. The risk for this bug to occur is increased with the frequency I edit the settings. When I've clicked the save button and the bug occurs the windows freezes a second before closing the window. When this has happened I can't open that window anymore. It has probably corrupted some configuration file or something.

The fix for me is to click the gear icon, then "Troubleshooting" and finally "Reset all settings...". This means that I need to reauthorize all drives again, and I loose all my custom settings for all drives so it's a pain for sure.

1.0.2.976 on Windows 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 4/18/2018 at 1:05 AM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

For everyone, are these upgrades? 

And from internal beta version? 

And does doing this resolve the issue? 
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_P0000001

I started with the latest RC of CloudDrive from the regular download page before it went RTM, which I then upgraded to. I'm quite certain that the issue existed in both the RC and RTM versions, because I remember that I really hoped this bug was fixed in RTM. :) I'm also pretty sure that I haven't tried any internal builds since I can't remember doing that.

And yes, the steps provided in your link does fix the issue temporary, but no more than using the "Reset all settings..." function, which is obviously a lot more easier and faster than uninstalling, removing from registry, deleting and reinstalling etc. But the bug can still occur at any time after doing either method.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 4/19/2018 at 1:39 AM, Admin said:

I started with the latest RC of CloudDrive from the regular download page before it went RTM, which I then upgraded to. I'm quite certain that the issue existed in both the RC and RTM versions, because I remember that I really hoped this bug was fixed in RTM. :) I'm also pretty sure that I haven't tried any internal builds since I can't remember doing that.

And yes, the steps provided in your link does fix the issue temporary, but no more than using the "Reset all settings..." function, which is obviously a lot more easier and faster than uninstalling, removing from registry, deleting and reinstalling etc. But the bug can still occur at any time after doing either method.

 

Unfortunately, I don't think that it was really reported at that time. Or if it was, we couldn't reproduce it at all (still can't actually). 

On 4/20/2018 at 8:55 AM, Exoriz said:

This happens every time for me when i change the upload or download limit.
I'm on Version 1.0.2.976 with windows 10
Reseting setting always solves the problem...well temporary that is.

See, I can't reproduce that.  :(

 

However, if it's happening consistently, then run the StableBit Troubleshooter:
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter
Use the "Submit a user interface crash (manual)" option and try to reproduce it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that it was really reported at that time. Or if it was, we couldn't reproduce it at all (still can't actually). 

See, I can't reproduce that.  :(

 

However, if it's happening consistently, then run the StableBit Troubleshooter:
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter
Use the "Submit a user interface crash (manual)" option and try to reproduce it. 

Since it doesn't crash i don't know how to submit it after i have started the monitoring :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 4/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

We are aware of the issue, and we are looking into it. 

 

Unfortunately, reproducing the issue is difficult (at least, is has been for us).  So it makes troubleshooting this difficult. 

Guess one of us will just have to ship you our system lol :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 4/21/2018 at 6:53 PM, Exoriz said:

Since it doesn't crash i don't know how to submit it after i have started the monitoring :P

I was hoping it would. If it's not, then just the normal "All" option. 

10 hours ago, jik0n said:

Guess one of us will just have to ship you our system lol :D

You joke, but sadly, that may help.  That or a remote support session. So, you know, you wouldn't need to ship it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 4/23/2018 at 8:26 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

I was hoping it would. If it's not, then just the normal "All" option. 

You joke, but sadly, that may help.  That or a remote support session. So, you know, you wouldn't need to ship it. 

If it comes to that I'm sure one of us having the issue wouldn't mind assisting, I'm unsure how that would work though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Christopher,

 

So I seem to have pinpointed it down to a few options and maybe others can throw in when it's happening to them.  So last night it happened to me 3 times in a row:

 

The drive is connected to another machine in "read only" state and I changed the max upload speed.  All three times this broke the UI function.

 

The drive in question is a "pre release drive" but hopefully that has nothing to do with it.

 

The fourth time after resetting I just changed the threads and not the max upload speed and it didn't break it.

 

Hopefully that helps,

 

Austin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 4/25/2018 at 8:07 PM, auzi68 said:

Christopher,

 

So I seem to have pinpointed it down to a few options and maybe others can throw in when it's happening to them.  So last night it happened to me 3 times in a row:

 

The drive is connected to another machine in "read only" state and I changed the max upload speed.  All three times this broke the UI function.

 

The drive in question is a "pre release drive" but hopefully that has nothing to do with it.

 

The fourth time after resetting I just changed the threads and not the max upload speed and it didn't break it.

 

Hopefully that helps,

 

Austin

What do you mean by "read only state" ? Like, you don't have write permissions to the drive stablebit is installed on? Or the drive that is the cache?

 

Edit: if you're talking about read only inside of the stablebit program settings, I've never set my drive to that myself. Is it doing it on its own for some reason?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

jik0n: I think he has attached a drive as read only on one machine, and attached the same drive on another machine simultaneously. This is possible, but there isn't live sync between them. There might be risks as well, not sure. Hopefully one day we get a proper "Attach as read only with live sync" I guess. (which will be a fantastic feature).

I also don't think this particular setup has anything to do with the bug, as far as I know it's just a random bug that happens when you edit some of the IO settings. Would be interesting to learn the real reason why this bug sometimes occurred.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

jik0n - Admin is right.  I have it attached to one machine in a read only state so that I can attach it to another machine.  This is through the settings on stablebit.  And Admin - I haven't had any problems with this, ever.  It works great for me.

 

And I would also like to know the real reason.  I just was submitting the problems I was having and what I was doing to cause this issue.

 

-Austin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...