Advanced settings (json file) missing entry "CoveFs_WaitForVolumesOnMount"?

Sacred

Question

4 answers to this question

Okay, in the wiki it sounded to me that there would be two entries, is this a misunderstanding?

• CoveFs_WaitForVolumesOnMount (Default: "True") - Some volumes arrive late in the boot process so DrivePool will wait for all the volumes to arrive before allowing the pool drive to mount. The delay is adaptive, so it will be different for each system. Turning this off might shorten boot times, but is not recommended because it could expose a partially populated pool drive to system services that start right after booting.
  • CoveFs_WaitForVolumesOnMountMs (Default: "10000") - How long to wait for all the volumes to arrive in MS.

Hmm. I tried adding the entry and experienced the same result as you.

I've looked at the change log for DrivePool and I suspect that CoveFs_WaitForVolumesOnMount was actually replaced with CoveFs_WaitForVolumesOnMountMs when the latter was added as of version 2.2.0.891 - so if your version is that or later then I believe you should use the latter entry (and setting a value of 0 for it would be equivalent to setting a value of false for the former entry).

@Christopher (Drashna) does the wiki need to be amended to indicate that the first entry has been deprecated in favor of the second entry, or is something else going on?