Beta Updater

Blake

Question

Is there some sort of permission or firewall setting I'm missing? I installed the 2.0.0.333 update and later today I manually checked, only to see .345 out. For some reason the updater that's built in is not doing it on its own nor giving me notifications of any sort.

3 answers to this question

We don't usually push out notifications of the new beta builds the first day or so they are out. Let those that are very eager about testing get it first, then push out notifications, just in case there are issues that pop up.

@p3x-749, It should have notified about a couple of different updates after that. Would you mind submitting a ticket about that? (http://stablebit.com/Contact)

And worst case, you could follow Alex's twitter account for notifications about new builds (http://twitter.com/covecube)

I've been debating how to handle automatic updates while we're in BETA.

There are 2 issues I think:

1. Too many updates are annoying. (E.g. Flash)
  2. Because this is a BETA there is the potential for a build to have some issues, and pushing that out to everyone might not be such a good idea.

So I've come up with a compromise. The BETA automatic updates will not push out every build, but builds that have accumulated some major changes since the last update. Also, I don't want to push the automatic update as soon as the build is out because I want to give our users the chance to submit feedback in case there are problems with that build.

Once we go into release final, then every final build will be pushed out at the same time that it's published.