Pool disbanded on UI but Pool apparently still exists

Ryan P

Question

Hi there, I have been using SBDP for over a year now with no issues but recently discovered that all my Plex files are unavailable because my drivepool virtual drive no longer shows up, even though all the PoolParts are in their respective drives and all files are still intact on their respective drives (etc.) Mind you, this happened spontaneously on my server and I can find no reason why the virtual disk is suddenly gone. Upon opening the UI, I noticed that I cannot even access the pool organization tab, only the "create new pool" tab. As far as I can tell, there is no way to exit the tab and any measure of updating, repairing, or uninstalling the program appears to fix this. Moreover, attempting to add the disks to create a new pool yields a "cannot add a disk to the same pool twice" error.

Essentially, I am trying to figure out how to reconsolidate the drives to reconstitute the old pool drive referenced by my plex server or, in the alternative, be able to delete that pool so I can create a new one and have Plex refer to that. I'd be happy to provide whatever information or logs you all might think are necessary to help remedy the issue. I'm a relative novice when it comes to dealing with servers and such!

2 answers to this question

I've seen something similar happen when Windows did a major update (e.g. 10 to 11) and it ate the virtual driver along the way.

In the Windows Device Manager, can you see any instances of Covecube Virtual Disk under Disk drives? Can you see Covecube Disk Enumerator under Storage controllers? Any yellow triangles or other alert icons on them?

If you're in a hurry you could try renaming all the PoolPart.guidstring folders to have "X" or "Old" or whatever in front (don't change the unique identifier that comes after PoolPart) and then with any luck you should be able to add those disks to a new pool (and then just move all your data from the old poolpart to the new poolpart on each disk), but if you have the time it would be great if you could open a ticket with Stablebit so they can take look at why DrivePool is able to detect the old pool but no longer able to load it.