Are there any plans to actually address this issue? Your "fix" has done nothing, its just been swetp under the rug.
I'm a new user and would love to purchase a license, i thought i found what id been looking for all this time. I started using the software two weeks ago and now feel like the information ive managed to upload to my Google Drive is somewhat useless. As a previous user stated updating to version 730 has made it even worse so i downgraded back to 726 which seemed to be causing less issues.
Im getting constant dismounts and sometimes remounting will take 30 minutes or longer to finally connect. The software is borderline unusable at this point. Not to mention that im uploading this data at 1/7 of my available bandwidth, and its not about theoretical speeds or an mb to MB conversion, since i can get the speeds through other means.
This seems like a major issue, and it doesn't seem that theres been much of a response from your development team, at least not publicly.
Is there any workaround or improvement planned in the immediate near future? If we shouldn't continue to upload data via this avenue i think you should tell us that as users.
Yes, we do plan on fixing it.
The 730 build is progress on this front, to optimize the cache so we can reduce the number of API calls that we make.
Additionally, once this is finished, we plan on appealing/applying to Google for a rate increase, so we're not at the 10,000 requests per 100 seconds. (breaks down to 100 requests per second).
But we dont' want to submit until we have this change, so that Google can make their decision based on the much more optimized build.
(eg submit the best build)
And this is a top priority for us, right now, as this fix can significantly help *every* provider, not just Google Drive (and is something that Alex was thinking about implementing anyways).
Just disable the auto dismount thing in the advanced settings - that did it for me :-)
Set "CloudFsDisk_MaximumConsecutiveIoFailures" to "0" and reboot to disable.
Be warned, disabling this can cause the drive and system to lock up if there are too many issues. That's why the setting was added.
I'd actually recommend setting this to a higher value first and see how that works out, rather than disabling it outright.