Installed 2.0.0.420 says "checking"

apb0703

Question

2 answers to this question

I don't know for sure and Drashna will probably come back to you on Monday.

In my experience however, checking, rebalancing, removing, adding etc. does take a lot of time. I suspect due to low priorities of the tasks. Also, it can be at a low percentage and then all of a sudden be completed. My advice: (a) keep it running (B) don;t worry © wait for Drashna or anyone else who actually knows to respon, will probably be past the weekend.

Sooner even.

Sorry, I've been busy, and didn't get much done yesterday.

As for for the balancing, if you have a LOT of files (or a lot, a LOT of folders), it may take a while to finish checking.

Also, if you have any additional balancers installed (such as Ordered File Placement, or Archive Optimizer) make sure that these are up to date was well. We've found a couple of issues with them, recently that .... among other things, can "lock" up balancing.

However, if you want to upload the service logs, I can take a look at them and see if I can find anything obviously wrong.

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

Do steps #5-8, and let me know when you've finished uploading the logs.

As for the balancer, see this forum post by Alex about it:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/568-adding-3tb-hard-disk-in-whs2011-to-existing-pool-crashes-dashboard/&do=findComment&comment=3509

Also, you may want to upgrade DrivePool as well.