A weird question

Rpscv

Question

Hello guys, I have a question that you may be able to help me.

The idea of Stablebit is amazing, I love it, my problem is that my upload speed is terrible.

So I was thinking, it would be possible to pay for a service or program that downloads the file I want (a torrent or a direct link) and uploads it to my google drive? 

Like a seedbox but for uploading the file directly so it doesn't have to use my upload speed.

2 answers to this question

On 8/22/2020 at 3:16 AM, Rpscv said:

Hello guys, I have a question that you may be able to help me.

The idea of Stablebit is amazing, I love it, my problem is that my upload speed is terrible.

So I was thinking, it would be possible to pay for a service or program that downloads the file I want (a torrent or a direct link) and uploads it to my google drive? 

Like a seedbox but for uploading the file directly so it doesn't have to use my upload speed.

If I am reading this correctly, you want to be able to upload the data to your cloud storage remotely, and then access it later locally.

You could do this with CloudDrive using, as mentioned above, a (Windows) VPS to upload the data, and then detatch the CloudDrive drive from the VPS and reattach it locally. But this is tedious.

Since CloudDrive only allows your drive to be mounted from a single machine at any given time, it really isn't the best tool for what you're trying to accomplish. A tool like rClone which simply accesses Google Drive's native file structure would be of much more use, I think. You could use any cheap VPS (and several other services, for that matter) to add files to your drive, and then use rClone to access them locally as a folder.

I suspect that your question is, overall, based on a misconception of how CloudDrive works. It will not access the files that exist on your Google Drive space. Only its own storage files that are contained on your Drive.