BSOD on shutdown/restart on 2012R2E

henry.gray

Question

Hi, I am getting a BSOD on shutdown or restart with Server 2012R2 Essentials and Stablebit Drivepool 2.0, other than that everything works. The error is to do with 3rd party file system, I am assuming this is to with Drivepool but I am not sure,if it is does anyone have any idea on a possible fix?

Info: In the drivepool I have 3x WD Green Drives 2TB each.

Well, if this is for Forefront Client Security, it looks like it's not officially supported for anything past Vista/Server 2008.

And if that is the case... then any OS past that pushes the limit of compatibility. Specifically, since there are significant kernel changes in Windows 8, the produce may not be compatible with recent versions of Windows.

Additionally, with HyperV, do you have the VPN stuff installed as well (Routing and Remote Access)? If so, make sure you're using a dedicated NIC.

Anyone still having this issue, could you upgrade to the latest beta build?

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/

We've had another ticket recently, with weird behavior with SCEP installed (due to an issue with SCEP/Forefront's filter and the pool).  We hope that this fixes the issue.

henry.gray: I used the Tinkertry method when I tried the first time. Are you saying that you have you succeeded in installing Forefront using this method? Maybe there has been an update to WS2012R2E to allow Forefront to work? Maybe I missed something when duplicating the method. You had tried in June '14 and I in September '14 when it failed. I know that the Tinkertry method worked without DrivePool as I had tried it before installing DrivePool on my first build. Looking at the Tinkertry site the latest update to the installation method was May 3, 2014. I wonder what has changed?

henry.gray, please confirm that you have Forefront up and running and if you did anything differently than the method listed in the Tinkertry link.

Mot sure if you have sorted it or given up, but yes I used that method to install forefront, however had to uninstall due to the problem of getting a BSOD on restart or shutdown.

Yes, routing and remote access is installed, but it is not active or configured. And yes, I am using a dedicated NIC.

I know that drivepool is the issue, because uninstalling it is what allowed me to uninstall forefront client.

I never had to uninstall Drivepool in order to uninstall Forefront.

I am sorry, but I have had so much going on in my life that I have not had a chance to be on here and test more, using the tinkernut page I was able to install Forefront, I am not sure if there is a link on the page to the files or if I had to find them.

Christopher I will try and install Forefront and test it with the new beta version of drivepool, but at the moment, I am just running Malwarebytes to keep everything running.