New Build how do I copy settings?

WickedLlama

Question

3 answers to this question

The new build, is that an OS-reinstall or a new machine? And the "new drives", are they really new or just Pooled HDDs transferred from one system to the other.

I'll give a few pointers:
1. De-activate your license on the current machine. Do write down the license code somewhere, you'll need it on the new machine.
2. Settings are stored in the Pool itself and DP on another machine will pick them up once it finds the Pooled HDDs. It should be easy BUT:
3. If you use a balancer add-in that is not installed by default then I would first build the machine while not connecting the Pooled HDDs. Install DP, activate and then install the add-in(s). Only then (and a reboot first makes sense to me) connect the Pooled HDDs.

You should be good to go.

5 hours ago, Umfriend said:

The new build, is that an OS-reinstall or a new machine? And the "new drives", are they really new or just Pooled HDDs transferred from one system to the other.

I'll give a few pointers:
1. De-activate your license on the current machine. Do write down the license code somewhere, you'll need it on the new machine.
2. Settings are stored in the Pool itself and DP on another machine will pick them up once it finds the Pooled HDDs. It should be easy BUT:
3. If you use a balancer add-in that is not installed by default then I would first build the machine while not connecting the Pooled HDDs. Install DP, activate and then install the add-in(s). Only then (and a reboot first makes sense to me) connect the Pooled HDDs.

You should be good to go.

Okay I will give this a go!  Now what if I can not de-activate my current key...as my PC crashed. 

So DP will run as a trial for 30 days on the new machine. I guess you need to contact Stablebit to work this out. Perhaps Christopher can help out pursuant to this thread but you might want to open a ticket. Can't help you with that one (and if I could, I'd be selling licences! :ph34r:).