Questions about CloudDrive

Penstorne

Question

Hi, I've just started using CloudDrive with google drive and i have some questions about the way to software works, i'm not very good at tech stuff so maybe these questions are stupid sorry about that!

Can i access my files from google drive if i'm using an unencrypted disk? Are they viewable , searchable in clear?

Is there a way to move my already backed up google drive files to an unencrypted disk? Without having to redownload them locally?

If i use CloudDrive for backing up my computer to an encrypted disk is there a way to access my files from somewhere else?

If i stop using this software will there be a way for me to be able to still access my files?

Thanks in advance  :)

5 answers to this question

Hi, I've just started using CloudDrive with google drive and i have some questions about the way to software works, i'm not very good at tech stuff so maybe these questions are stupid sorry about that!

Can i access my files from google drive if i'm using an unencrypted disk? Are they viewable , searchable in clear?

Is there a way to move my already backed up google drive files to an unencrypted disk? Without having to redownload them locally?

If i use CloudDrive for backing up my computer to an encrypted disk is there a way to access my files from somewhere else?

If i stop using this software will there be a way for me to be able to still access my files?

1. I am using the encrypted storage, so please check it yourself.

2. I do not think so.

3. But in somewhere else you will have to still use the CloudDrive.

4. Yes, but with CloudDrive.

You cannot access files from google drive. They are obfuscated and only the software can read it

You will have to redownload them. 

The software is the only way to view any data. It cannot connect to two machines at once. You will have to be detached on the other PC before you are able to mount it to another PC