Newbie Duplication Question

rbutler81

Question

Hey all, quick question.

I'm new to the StableBit line of products, but so far love what I'm finding.

I purchased the bundle to get all three products.

My question is about duplication with DrivePool.

I have a bunch of mismatching sized harddrives on my server that I'm going to pool with DrivePool.

I don't want to lose any of the storage space by having duplication enabled on those physical drives... what I DO want to do is, create a new encrypted drive using CloudDrive to be the same size as the sum of all my physical drives and have DrivePool duplicate my physical drives to the newly created CloudDrive.  Is this possible?

Basically, I want to designate WHERE to save the duplicates of my physical drives.

Or should I just use some sort of backup utility to backup my physical DrivePool to my CloudDrive?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

The easiest way would, yes, be to use some sort of backup or sync utility to accomplish this. 

At least for now.

Otherwise, you *can* accomplish this in StableBit DrivePool right now. It's not a great solution, but it does work.

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/1226-how-can-i-use-stablebit-drivepool-with-stablebit-clouddrive/