Could "No More Files" error be caused by DrivePool?

JasonC

Question

Hello,

I've been encountering an error when attempting to have multiple simultaneous downloads from a single Firefox client go to a network share of a DrivePool disk. When I attempt to start the second download, I usually(but not always, but it's more than 90% of the time) get a "No More Files" error. This will persist until the initial download is complete, and then it works fine. It doesn't happen if I save to a local disk. I'm just looking for possible causes, as DrivePool is the "unsual" bit of the setup here- I wouldn't normally expect to have a problem opening multiple files for writing at once to a Windows share.

So I am basically asking if anyone has seen this before and can attach it to being a DrivePool related thing. I do need to do more testing with DrivePool out of the mix etc, it's just a bit of a chore to set all of the various scenarios I can think of to narrow the cause down, so I haven't gotten that far yet.

I saw that thread "Beware of DrivePool corruption / data leakage / file deletion / performance degradation scenarios Windows 10/11" and it does sort of make me wonder if I could be running into something related to that with some of information from that thread. 

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Were you able to figure this out? I also use Firefox and save to a network share (well, a mapped drive of a network share) that is a DrivePool pool on the other end but haven't encountered this error, fwiw.