Help with using Sans Digital EliteSTOR ES316X6+B with WorkStation (Dell Precision 7920)

Damionix

Question

Good Day All,

I come to you all for help, and I am quite confident I will get the help I need here 🙂

So, a friend gave me a Brand New SANS DIGITAL EliteSTOR ES316X6+B JBOD to solve my ever expanding storage needs for Plex.

Sans Digital EliteSTOR ES316X6+B

I would like to know how I can connect all the hard drives in this device to a Windows 11 Pro Workstation PC (Dell Precision 7920)

The EliteSTOR JBOB will be for backup only and I will be using Storage Pool to manage all 14 Drives so far ( at least that is my hope).It did come with a SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 cable.

I would like to connect it to my Workstation so I can access all the drives on there, but my workstation does not have the port to plug the SFF-8088 cable in. I assume from there that I will need one more component, and I do not know what that could be.
I have been reading on HBA (very new to this), and I was looking at these two;

LSI SAS9207-8E Logic SGL SAS PCIE 12/3.3V CTLR 8Port Ext 6GB/S SATA Plus SAS

and 

LSI Logic SAS 9300-8e SGL LSI00343

I believe once I install this on my Workstation, I should then be able to see the 14 drives using DrivePool? 

I know there are people on here with way more experience than me and I hope you all do guide me to achieve what I am hoping to. 

Thank You all in Advance. 

2 answers to this question

Both are "Mini-SAS" but the SAS9207-8E requires SFF-8088 cables (rectangle-shaped ends) while the SAS9300-8E requires SFF-8644 cables (square-shaped ends). So the latter is no good to you unless you also buy an adapter.

I haven't used the card with Windows/Drivepool however, so if anyone has please do chip in with any tips!