NtStatus=0xC0000121 error then removing damaged drive from array

dibu

Question

6 answers to this question

Run disk removal second time and now I get just "Element not found" error. I have some duplicate folders. How to remove disk from array? And is it save to remove disk now from PC or the removal process should finish without an error first?

Tried all possible combinations of those 3 checkboxes and the same two errors in the end of operation after 100% completion. Also this drive became damaged 3 day ago and had relocated sectors. I've remapped bad sectors with HardDisk Sentinel. chkdsk /r /f - found no errors. Also removed read-only from all files and set my windows user as owner of all files inside pool folder. Still no luck.)

First, I'm sorry to hear about your drive, as that is never a pleasant experience. 

You may be able to use "dpcmd ignore-poolpart" to eject the drive from the pool.  This marks the drive as removed, but doesn't move any of the files off of it, and causes the drive to show up as "missing" in the UI.   This does require writing to the drive, to write the tag that marks it as removed. 

Once the drive is ejected, you can manually move the files over. 

The poolID for the drive is the name of the hidden "PoolPart.xxxx" folder on the disk (with or without the PoolPart part).