What happen :D? 2 Disks damaged, now empty?

Blackjack

Question

Hi,

i have Scanner and DrivePool running. After a full scann two of my drive are marked as Damaged "192kb" and "6kb" or so are broken. I thought, who cares .. but over the night.

The drivepool removes the most of the files of boath drives and now i have no clue what i should do.. :D ?

Should i remove the drives from the pool completely and format it and rejoin the HDDs or what should i do now?

Pls help

Best regads

4 answers to this question

The default DrivePool balancing setting when Scanner is also installed is to evacuate any drive that Scanner detects as damaged, as a precaution to prevent possible/further loss of data.

Scanner may be providing information about the reason for the damage, e.g. SMART warnings, and/or it may offer to attempt a fix, e.g. for file system issues.

If it's not offering a SMART warning and it's not offering a fix, you could indeed try removing, formatting, scanning and re-adding the drives.

You may find that DrivePool encounters problems removing the drives from the pool depending on the type of damage, at which point it'll tell you and you can decide how to proceed.

If the problem is fixed and the drives are viewed as healthy again according to Scanner, they will be used again by DrivePool.