Incorrect Disk Size Detection

Dnide

Question

I just installed DrivePool on my main system and am seeing that DrivePool is detecting my 465GB SSD drive as a 664GB drive. My other secondary drive, a 931GB HDD, is being detected fine in DrivePool and Window's Disk Manager shows the correct sizing for both drives.

I'm not sure why this one drive isn't being properly detected in just DrivePool and would love some input on what may be causing this issue -- Is this expected behavior from DrivePool and should I be concerned moving forward using the incorrectly detected drive as part of a pool?

size-bug.png

4 answers to this question

Issue Resolved

Steps Taken (for anyone else who may run into this issue)

• Uninstalled DrivePool (*backup License key if needed)
  • Rebooted System
  • Reinstall DrivePool
  • Removed drive from pool (*backup or move data from pool directory on drive to root if needed)
  • Recreated Pool

The last two steps maybe all that is needed, but I wanted to list all the steps that I took.

Note: Uninstalling DrivePool does not destroy the data in the Pool and the Pool will automatically detected on reinstall, making this process non-destructive.

Interesting observation: An alternative method, not recommended, would have been to create a second pool using the first pool as a drive. Even though the drive was detected incorrectly on the first pool, the storage space matched the drive size correctly when added to the second pool. Unfortunately, and obviously, this is not an ideal solution as it creates unneeded layers of complexity and points of possible failure going forward.