Covecube Inc.
  • Announcements

• Christopher (Drashna)

Login issues   11/07/17

If you have issues with logging in, make sure you use your display name and not the "username" or email.  Or head here for more info.   http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/3252-login-issues/  
    • Christopher (Drashna)

Getting Help   11/07/17

If you're experiencing problems with the software, the best way to get ahold of us is to head to https://stablebit.com/Contact, especially if this is a licensing issue.    Issues submitted there are checked first, and handled more aggressively. So, especially if the problem is urgent, please head over there first. 
Cobalt503

Really need some better bandwidth controls

Question

I would really benefit from a scheduler for bandwidth management much like utorrents scheduler. Also the 4-5 clicks / cloud drive to change the bandwidth is a lot.. I know I've asked and you said you would submit a feature request. 

But squeaky wheel gets the grease ya know.. 

PLZ PLZ PLZ give us some better bandwidth management controls and maybe a scheduler... 

(ALSO a global bandwidth control would be nice instead of managing per cloud drive since i have 3) 

8 answers to this question

It's something that we do want to implement. But it's not a trivial thing.

And right now, we need to get stable releases for DrivePool and Scanner out.  Once that's happened, I believe the plan is to address issues/requests like this one.

Does your router support QoS?   If it does (and it doesn't suck), you may be able to configure that, so that nobody gets scewed over bandwidth wise.

I knw this is a temporary/stop gab solution, but until we're able to get to it, it may be something that works well in your situation.

I'd be willing to drop a 20 dollar donation for some timer options.. just saying.. I'm sure others would want this feature.. should start outsourcing some talent I have high hopes for this software.. 

I am raising my hand also.

I do know that we can go into the I/O performance and change the settings there but I am scared to mess with them anymore.  I have lost data in the cloud before.

For those people that read this thread.  

In the 1.0.2.929 BETA version.

Manage Drive ->I/O performance->

If you run a speed test without the cloud connected or updating,  

You can adjust the Download Throttling Feature and Upload throttling Feature Here

At times I need to use the system, I have it at 50% of the speed test.  

Works fine.

I'll talk to Alex about this.  

Because we do need a global setting, especially when using a lot of drives. 

And I've created a new feature request for this (I think there is an existing one, but ... but just in case)

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/27640

And note that I did set this to critical, to make it a priority. 

Thanks for the follow up can't wait to see this implemented.. Currently working on about 4 cloud drives and toggling the settings on all of them is getting tedious.. THank you!!