Strange drive i:0\ letter in resource monitor

Carsten

Question

I am not sure, whether this has to do with DrivePool, but I never saw that on any system without DrivePool. The system drive is on a dynamic disk (not in the pool) and all disk access in the resource monitor is displayed with a drive letter i:0\ . The real drive letter of the system drive however is c:\.

3 answers to this question

After logging of and on again the strange letter disappeared. I don't think it has to do something with dynamic disks and I never saw that before. But I found someone else in the net who had the same problem, but unfortunately the thread didn't reveal the reason or solution. So DrivePool is propably not the reason either.

See: http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/286853-w7-resource-monitor-shows-activity-wrong-drive.html

Anyway the "problem" went away after a new logon,

If a reboot fixed it, I would point to VDS (Virtual Disk Service) as being the issue, as it can do weird things with a lot of disks "appearing" at the same time.

But you said that logging off and logging back on fixed the issue? If so, that's ... really odd.

Also.... the forum you linked is ... naturally offline for maintenance/testing when I try to look at it...