Windows 7 BSoD BAD_POOL_HEADER

Brad

Question

My Windows 7 box had been running quite happily with a bunch of services on it (Plex, Bittorrent Sync, IIS). Since I have been running DrivePool (and scanner) I have been getting many blue screens, probably at least one per day. I am pretty sure it happens when Plex is streaming something off of the pool, but that process was previously running totally fine without crashes. The most recent blue screen is attached. I also remember seeing some of the previous BSoD's referencing cdfs5.sys. I have tried turning off network boost and even duplication on most of my folders so that the app shouldn't be that busy balancing or anything like that.

I have 8 1.5TB drives in the pool and one 80GB SSD (OS drive). 4 of the drives are in an eSATA dock and 4 are in a USB2 dock.

The really annoying part is that Windows is set to reboot on blue screens, but it hangs on these blue screens and has to be rebooted manually.

post-1648-0-46576200-1407854458_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

That's. .... really bad.

"BAD_POOL_HEADER" usually indicates memory corruption. It's not always, but usually a faulty stick of RAM. :(

And that 'cdfs5.sys' BSOD seems to indicate that as well. Specifically, that appears to be the CD-ROM File System Driver.

First thing I would do is run a memory test on the system. See if that is the issue.

Then run "chkdsk c: /r" (this will require a reboot and offline scan).

Then run "sfc /scannow".

If you're still having issues, it could be an issue with the SSD.

However, could you upload the crash dump?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_System_Crashes