Small potatoes especially for an outfit with a single dev but, feature request!

klepp0906

Question

So 99% of the package is user experience or some such right?  I believe someone once told me thats what's taught in dev school or something.  Anyways, shameless request.  We all like polish just as much as we like things to do what they say and say what they do hassle free.

it would be great to be able to somehow hide/clean up the list of providers.   For a whole slew (dare i say the majority) of us, all the enterprise options will never be used or useful and it would be great to weed it out to keep the list of options or potential providers concise and organized.  whether it be a hide/unhide system.  or a categorization system.  or a blanket checkmark for show enterprise, personal, server/hosted/local etc. 

just a thought. 

also, since im incredibly aware of how many questions ive had lately and these forums being pretty much the only outlet for them (without a discord or subreddit im aware of) I'm gonna condense.   Any reason scanner uses conventional windows frames and cloudddrive and drivepool use something different/custom?  Are they older than scanner and have just not yet been brought in line or? 

3 answers to this question

On 3/12/2022 at 1:46 AM, klepp0906 said:

it would be great to be able to somehow hide/clean up the list of providers.   For a whole slew (dare i say the majority) of us, all the enterprise options will never be used or useful and it would be great to weed it out to keep the list of options or potential providers concise and organized.  whether it be a hide/unhide system.  or a categorization system.  or a blanket checkmark for show enterprise, personal, server/hosted/local etc. 

There are some hidden by default, already, but that's because they're experimental. 

But I don't see a reason why this couldn't be added. 

On 3/12/2022 at 1:46 AM, klepp0906 said:

Any reason scanner uses conventional windows frames and cloudddrive and drivepool use something different/custom?  Are they older than scanner and have just not yet been brought in line or? 

StableBit Scanner uses Telerik controls, which we stopped supporting/using, since they come with a bunch of their own issues.  

StableBit DrivePool and StableBit CloudDrive use entirely custom implementations, and all native WPF controls, because of some of the issues we've had with telerik controls. 

So, pretty much the opposite.  Eg, StableBit Scanner is the older product (the first, actually). 

I found a drawback to using the non native windows frames!   (i just upgraded to 11) 

man the window snapping by mousing over the maximize button is a game changer.  not often i say this but w2g microsoft.   unfortunately it comes at the expense of being able to move the taskbar, at least for now.  ugh.

anyhow, not possible with drivepool and cloud drive.   something to consider.  unless you can tap it into the up arrow.  even then i'd go for cohesion though personally :P  im anal and ocd AF though. 

On 3/15/2022 at 5:37 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

StableBit Scanner uses Telerik controls, which we stopped supporting/using, since they come with a bunch of their own issues.  

Wait, does that mean we should stop using this?