Now that StableBit CloudDrive has launched... is DrivePool in the immediate future?

Mesonto

Question

3 answers to this question

Well, there have been improvements made to it in the meanwhile.

But if you mean feature requests, that's usually what we do.  We're a small company so constantly developing on all of our products at the time is tough.  We try to get to bug fixes fast, but new features tend to come in batches/waves

Thank you, I guess I asked because I have not aware of any new updates/functionality in over a year (???) and it seemed as if Cloud Drive was the only focus for a long time. I understand you have a small team, but please keep up the excellent work, Drive Pool has been an eyeopener to me after using MS Storage Spaces.

This has been one of the very few pieces of software that I have ever thrown praise at. Drive Pool is just so damn good at its job.

Well, a lot of that is that Stablebit Scanner and StableBit DrivePool have been out for a long while now.  A majority of any bugs have been found, so not as much fixes out.  Most of the issues we get now are extreme edge cases (eg very weird), or due to hardware/software interactions.

We haven't really added any new features to them, as the last set of features were in prep for StableBit CloudDrive, in fact. 

However, we are working on StableBit Cloud right now, and that has a majority of our focus.  Once that's "completed", we'll be able to shift focus more (eg add new features, or new products, etc).

Also, if you check the beta downloads, you'll see we've had a steady stream of changes. Though a lot of them are StableBit Cloud related.