No balancing?

thepregnantgod

Question

As the screen captures show, I am using the latest beta, have 9 pooled drives, and one of my drives (an empty 3 TB) will not take any files at all despite balancing options set to equalize.  I've left it this way for two days, with balancing options set to immediate and three reboots in between.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-1500-0-18548100-1394921168_thumb.png

post-1500-0-33189000-1394921169_thumb.png

8 answers to this question

I notice that you have Archive Optimizer installed.

Is the disk in question a "feeder" disk?

Also, is the pool set up to balance immediately, or?

And could you enable file system tracing? (Gear Icon, troubleshooting, enable file system logging). 

Then do step #5 and up from here:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

(as well as use the Box.com upload widget.

Make sure you link this thread in the comment box

I think you can add #3 to this. I've noticed that with beta .468 and the previous beta balancing has stopped. I would post some screenshots but the site says I've exceeded my limit or something like that..

Bottom line is, it's clearly not working, as I have 4 drive that DP will not balance to at all, and that is after adding about 3 TB of data to the pool.

Ok so my plot thickens. I went through all my drives and noticed that on 4 of them I have 2 PoolPart folders that were created on 3/20/14, these folders are empty (ie no ServerFolder folder).

I also noticed that I have one Poolpart folder that was previously created on the 5th that is also empty (ie no ServerFolder folder).

RJGNOW,

That's.... bizarre. Are all of these PoolPart folders hidden? If they are... then something odd is happening here.

If they are not hidden, then that's normal, usually. When you remove a disk from the pool, it leaves the PoolPart folder there (in case it missed anything) and "un-hides" it.

RJGNOW,

That's.... bizarre. Are all of these PoolPart folders hidden? If they are... then something odd is happening here.

If they are not hidden, then that's normal, usually. When you remove a disk from the pool, it leaves the PoolPart folder there (in case it missed anything) and "un-hides" it.

LOL, that was it.  I still had show hidden folders displaying. sooooo, well you know the rest... ;-)