Jump to content
Covecube Inc.
  • 0
alexwick

disk failure - replacement questions

Question

Posted (edited)

So i had a disk fail a while ago (3TB)... I really havnt paid to much attention to DP in the last year. it was just running more or less...

Since the drive was failing, i removed it from the pool and it started measuring. (still doing it as i type this)

Now after it's done i plan to add the new drive (8TB). )or should I do that right now?

 

My question is in there a LOG that I can see somewhere when the last successful file duplication check was?
Just making sure i haven't lost anything. WIth 10TB complete pool it's hard to see by just checking through the files...

ALSO

2nd question. before i always filled up the pool and added 2 same size dirves (2 times 2 TB 2 times 3 TB ) etc.... now i want to replace some older drives, after the one that crashed is reduplicated.

What is the best way to do this? One at a time? (like the older 2TB drives the have at least started as original and / backup) I am afraid if i take more then one out i might take a original AND a backup out at the same time.... but ideally the oldest 2 TB need to be replaced as well.

Thank 

Alex

Edited by alexwick
added 2nd question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 4/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, alexwick said:

Now after it's done i plan to add the new drive (8TB). )or should I do that right now?

Either is fine, but I would put the drive in right away.  That way, if it needs to duplicate data, it will most likely place that on the 8TB drive. 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, alexwick said:

My question is in there a LOG that I can see somewhere when the last successful file duplication check was?
Just making sure i haven't lost anything. WIth 10TB complete pool it's hard to see by just checking through the files...

The service logs may show that, but StableBit DrivePool doesn't maintain a list of the files in the pool.   There are some guides to do this manually, though. 

 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, alexwick said:

2nd question. before i always filled up the pool and added 2 same size dirves (2 times 2 TB 2 times 3 TB ) etc.... now i want to replace some older drives, after the one that crashed is reduplicated.

What is the best way to do this? One at a time? (like the older 2TB drives the have at least started as original and / backup) I am afraid if i take more then one out i might take a original AND a backup out at the same time.... but ideally the oldest 2 TB need to be replaced as well.

As long as you're removing the drive via the UI first, there should be absolutely no issues.   
https://stablebit.com/Support/DrivePool/2.X/Manual?Section=Removing a Drive from the Pool

Remove a drive, pull it, replace it and add it to the pool.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...