Drivepool is constantly duplicating

Henning

Question

Hi,

just wanted to make sure that Drivepool is behaving like it should.

I Installed Drivepool on a WHS 2011 Miniserver, build a pool with one empty 4tb disk. Later i put a second disk with lots of data in the pool. Moved all files into the hidden pool folder and switched on "Enable File Duplication on the Entire Pool".

Since then it continues to show me a message that it is "duplicating". It never stopps? Different percentages, yes, but it never says "all files duplicated"? Server runs now 5-6 days and I didn´t put new files on the pool, just messing with shared folders permissions etc..

Is this normal?

1 answer to this question

Depending on how much data you had to start with, the size of the files in question (a lot of small files take longer than a couple of large files), the speeds of the drives and controllers, and if you're doing anything else... this could take a couple of days.

The reason is that we use a lower system priority so that performance is not adversely affected.

However, if you want to add the "C:\ProgramData\StableBitDrivePool\Service\" folder to a zip file, and submit the zip file to http://stablebit.com/Contact, I can take a look at the contents and see if it's erroring out on anything.