USB3 at USB2 speeds

KipKasper

Question

Hi folks,

I'm not sure what update changed things, but somewhere along the way I lost SMART on my USB2 ProBoxs, and my USB3 (H82-SU3S2) ProBox slowed to USB2 speeds.  I found a few posts here about re-enabling unsafe DirectIO to get SMART reading working again, but I can't find any new info on the USB3 problem.

Previously in SB Scanner, the Bus Speed (Disk details) of a drive in the USB2 enclosures would be ~86 MB/s and drives in the USB3 enclosure would have been ~600 (I think).  Now they all read as ~86.  I didn't ever write down the Bus Speed of the USB3 enclosure, but I was checking those numbers to set balancing rules in DrivePool, so they were different in the past.

UsbTreeView shows the H82-SU3S2 connected over USB3, but transfers are SLOW now.  No drivers have changed, only Windows security updates are allowed to install.  Did anything change in DrivePool or Scanner?

- Kip

StableBit Scanner 2.5.4.3216
StableBit DrivePool 2.2.2.934
Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0

EDIT:
New development, now the H82-SU3S2 has started disconnecting from the PC once or twice a day.  Unplugging and re-plugging in the USB cable to a different port gets it back into the pool.

1 answer to this question