Scanner not scanning

apriliaedd

Question

Hi this is probably me doing something stupid but i cannot for the life of me get Scanner to perform a scan.  If I enable auto scan no drives are scanned, highlight a drive and click start scan nothing happens double click a drive and click start scan in the extended window nothing happens.  I've checked the time settings and its allowed to scan at anytime of the day.

I've uninstalled it and reinstalled to no avail.

Can someone put me out of my misery what am I doing wrong or point me in the right direction to solve it.  

Cheers

Edd

4 answers to this question

On 9/24/2018 at 11:49 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

OK I think I have found the issue.  you may remember in my first post I mentioned that I had probably done something wrong.........well turns out I forgot to pay for the software. :rolleyes:

I bought drive pool for 4 PS's and scanner for 2 of them (or so I thought) turns out I only bought scanner for one.  Strange that its not showing trial expired and that I need to purchase a license though.  The license number in the "manage license"tab does not match any I have an email for.

anyway panic over

@Christopher (Drashna),

the work window is set for scan anytime.  i clicked start scan 4 hours ago still nothing.  strangely i'm pretty sure all my drives had been scanned before but now say never checked.

the drives are active as far as i can see the settings page matches the example in the manual

i cannot manually start them either I've tried highlighting the drive and clicking the start scan button and in the disk sectors window neither work

maybe you can spot something in my settings

cheers

Edd

2018-09-25 (3).png

2018-09-25 (2).png

2018-09-25 (1).png

2018-09-25.png

Edited by apriliaedd
spelling correction

Ah, that's ... odd.  It should "blank out" most of the screen once the trial is over.  

But glad to hear that it's working now. 

As for the manage license, it's probably the trial license.  It automatically generates an Activation ID, that is marked as a "trial" and not retail. So that may be why.