Error while removing a drive from pool

Julius

Question

Can't seem to be able to remove a drive from the pool, it keeps coming up with files that are assumed to be 'potentially unwanted software' (which they are not, they are just suspicious executables because they do things on lower levels, the usual Windows Defender false positives crap). An example dialog Window is attached.

Please tell me how to get this nonsensical issue resolved. I realize it's probably Windows 10 that's causing this. But since I have already disabled virus scanning, and excluded the pooled drive for Win Defender, it is extra strange it's still trying to avoid moving its content and checks it again. How do I tell Win10 that ALL software that is currently on my PC's storage *is* wanted software. If it would be 'potentially unwanted', I would not have it on there. I've been using PC's since the late 80s, and have not been 'hit by a virus', ever, so I'd day that counts for me not requiring 3rd party software to make these decisions for me. If I want to research a virus with a hex-editor, I want to be able to do so, and not be annoyed with Windows trying to quarantine the file without interacting with me.

2018-06-24_120450.png

1 answer to this question