Strange Problem with Defender

Merwinsson

Question

I can confirm that this is also happened to me.  And I'm also running that version of DrivePool.

Yesterday when I went to do some rebalancing maintenance to my pool I noticed that Windows Defender could not start and Security Center was throwing an alarm about this.  I was going to reboot but didn't want to upset the rebalancing, so my plan was to reboot after the rebalancing was done.  Well, looking at it this morning, it seems Defender has managed to figure out how to start again between yesterday and today, but I am worried about this.

On another note, and sorry to hijack this thread, I have been experiencing another issue that is minor, and non-breaking, but annoying.  All my disks in the pool are showing up as Portable Devices WITH ERRORS in the Device Manager.  This does not seem to actually do anything bad BUT I constantly have a Security Center icon WARNING in the tray because of these device manager errors.  I was not getting these errors with the older (very old) RELEASE version of DrivePool, and I would like them to go away none other than because it will stop Security Center from posting the warning.  If I ignore the warning (which I've been doing), I may be ignoring OTHER DIFFERENT future warnings, hence why I want this warning to stop.

Here is a picture showing the issue.

screen.thumb.png.402db7caa161d0db155b1d242854a0fb.png

1 answer to this question

I've  split this off from the main thread, as this sounds like it's a different (if similar) issue. 
That way, it's not confusing/muddying up the issues. 

Could you open a ticket for this, actually, as it's easier for us to manage there. 
https://stablebit.com/Contact

And enable boot logging and reboot:
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Boot_Time_Log_Collection

And run the StableBit Troubleshoot on the system. And use either "3413" as the Contact ID, or whatever you're assigned in the ticket