2 new disks not balancing, running latest beta

rock99rock

Question

Added the 2 new disks, tried deleteing and re-adding the duplication mentioned previously, updated from 2.1 to the latest retail, to the latest beta.  The 2 new disks are still not balancing.  Only new items added to the pool are placed on the new disks.  

Any help is appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I think I can help you with this.

I also added 2 disks to my pool recently and had a similar issue.  Well, it wasn't quite the same in that I could see (from the UI) that the balancer was running but it never seemed to get anywhere, even after a day.  So this is what I did.  I downloaded and enabled the "Disk Space Equalizer" plugin, then DISABLED all other plugins other than "Stable Bit Scanner".  Finally, I made sure "Automatic Balancing / Balance Immediately" was checked.  Off it went and 1 day later all my drives were rebalanced.

Another thing I noticed that may have hung things up was that I had some pretty odd permissions on some files and they caused the background balancer to spit out "Access Denied" errors.  I thought that was strange because I thought DrivePool's core processes would have all the permissions they needed to do their work.  But it turns out I had to fixup said permissions to get things to work.

Hope this helps.