Drive Destroyed

Zirus

Question

I seem to have accidentally destroyed a drive yesterday. Not sure how I did it, and wasn't "drunk-admining" either lol :/ Only thing I can figure is perhaps I mis-clicked something and didn't realize.

So I have a feature request, perhaps this isn't how it happened, maybe it's just a fluke, I don't know. But can we perhaps separate these in the dialog? Maybe, move the destroy to a different place entirely? Or what I think would be better is to put a fail-safe in here where there is a "Protect drive from Destruction" feature, where unless a box unchecked, you simply CAN'T destroy the drive, unless you go in and positively un-check that box, THEN go and destroy it. Ideally, these would be in two separate locations (sort of like OUs in Active Directory).

The data wasn't critical, and I haven't suffered a loss, so I'm not concerned. But I am a little puzzled how it happened. 

post-2854-0-61155200-1495724718_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

This has been an issue that has come up in the past. Namely with people just skimming the prompt and clicking "ok" anyways. 

The software will come up with a warning prompt, for you to agree to that, and then it REQUIREs you to type in the word "destroy" to verify that you want to delete the drive. 

http://stablebit.com/Support/CloudDrive/Manual?Section=Destroying%20your%20Drive

So, there shouldn't be any way to accidentally destroy a drive here. You can't even just click through to do so.

As for recovery, we "delete" the files, so unless the provider offers the option/ability to restore deleted files, there isn't much that can be done here.