Which Beta should I download?

Pancakes

Question

I currently have a filserver VM running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, and its running DrivePool 2.2.0.734. I had some weird issue, and Christopher (I think) said I should grab that one. That solved the problem and its been running file ever since

Now I re-building my fileserver VM with Windows Server 2016 Standard. Should I grab the same Beta or should I grab a newer one?

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

You're very welcome! 

If you want a guideline. check the change log. Grab the second numbered build, as this will be more stable, as the changes are set and other issues moved to.  So right now, that would be 2.2.0.753.  

Otherwise, if you wait, when there is a new stable release, you'll get an update notification. 

You're very welcome! 

If you want a guideline. check the change log. Grab the second numbered build, as this will be more stable, as the changes are set and other issues moved to.  So right now, that would be 2.2.0.753.  

Otherwise, if you wait, when there is a new stable release, you'll get an update notification. 

Were can we find the available beta's and change-logs?

OK ... I'm confused (Sadly that's not hard!) ... What do you mean by the second numbered build? If I go the index of betas they are all 2.2.0.xxx - so grab not the latest one there but the one just before it?

-Or- Do you mean to grab the version called out in your post? 

First part of your post:

Stable Release: 2.1.1.561

Public Beta Release: 2.2.0.651

end of your post:

Internal Beta builds can be found here:

http://dl.covecube.c.../beta/download/

The latest, safe build is 2.2.0.754.

Full change log can be found here: 

changes.txt

So... as of me writing this post the latest one available is 762 ....

So should I be grabbing 761, 754 or 651?

Thanks for clearing this up Drashna (I'm thinnking you mean 754?)

Up until now I have been just grabbing the very newest one, and until about a month ago, this didn't cause me any issues.

The second numbered build would be ".760" in this case.  it's the ".###" in the change log. 

At the time, the .754 was the second numbered build, and for right now, I'd still recommend this version, due to some of the issues that people have reported.

So please, yes, grab the 2.2.0.754 build.