unusual activity

zune70

Question

Im using version 787 at this time and I know its an outdated version and ill be upgrading to a newer version but Just this past 24 hours around 3 to 6 am, my clouddrive had used 17.1 gb while no one was using it at that time. I mainly use my drive for plex where I have an physical harddrive that video files are stored on if it is new and it would stay there for a while and then I would upload it to my cloud drive hard drive in the future. I would see my cloud drive prefetch data sometimes out of nowhere when I wouldn't be accessing a file from there at that time . the last time I watch a video from could drive was 4 days ago but even then it was a 200mb or less. I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem too where it would just randomly use this much data when it haunt been used by anyone in a while with the newer versions. I have Comcast and have a 1tb data cap and only have less than 100gb left for the month so the more data I can save the better. I want to know if this is just my issue or anyone else noticing this too with the newer versions too. Im using google drive on windows 10 home.

5 answers to this question

Plex does 'extensive media analysis' during the maintenance window (I think its like 1am-6am, or thereabouts by default) which involves reading through entire media files. It will be very download heavy if its doing it on remote files. I'm not sure how often it does it per file - I assume its a one off per file, though it might get redone again.

Regardless, it can be disabled by unchecking 'Perform extensive media analysis during maintenance' under 'Scheduled Tasks'. There's not much of a downside in having it disabled.

Bit more info here, and what benefits it gives here.

Plex does 'extensive media analysis' during the maintenance window (I think its like 1am-6am, or thereabouts by default) which involves reading through entire media files. It will be very download heavy if its doing it on remote files. I'm not sure how often it does it per file - I assume its a one off per file, though it might get redone again.

Regardless, it can be disabled by unchecking 'Perform extensive media analysis during maintenance' under 'Scheduled Tasks'. There's not much of a downside in having it disabled.

Bit more info here, and what benefits it gives here.

Guess ill need to check this out and see if thats the only cause. Thanks for the info ill check this out once I turn back on my computer