Feasibility of copying cloudDrive folder in Google Drive and attaching a new drive to the new folder?

Gbyrd

Question

Pretty much as it say. My current google drive seems to be in a limbo. It has a chkdsk error and i am currently running it. It's been a few days and it progressed on day one and now its "stuck" checking SDs/SIDs. While waiting I thought to myself make another drive to temporarily put files in there. Or frankly redownload my entire library and if it the original drive comes back well no big deal. If it doesn't well I have this new drive anyway. What i am wondering is if i have the files in raw data inside my google drive already. Would it be feasible to copy all those contents into the new cloud drives so i don't have to go about redownloading everything?

I know there is likely a check to ensure that the currently connecting CloudDrive owns the data and unobfuscate the raw data. But is there a way by chance to change that part so i can make my recovery process a bit easier. Thanks for any help.

1 answer to this question

Could you install the latest beta build. This may fix the issues you're seeing. 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.834_x64_BETA.exe

Caveat, it may take half an hour or more for the first boot, as it has to re-index and rebuild your data. 

Once that's completed, it should be fine.