Failed to Enumerate objects in this folder.Access is Denied

easyrider

Question

I upgraded my HP Microserver running Drive pool and windows 8.1 to a Dell T20 running windows 10

I enabled the administrator account

I added my own account as a local admin and made sure I was in the admin group ( same username as before)

I have the same account on all my PC's and the same password. 

After installing windows 10 on the new machine I installed drive pool and scanner

I then transferred the pool and Drive pool found and balanced all the drives.

I can TS onto the server using said account on all my machines around the house.

From My Gaming PC I browsed to \\server\X$ and get a "Enter Network Credentials pop up.

I add my username and password but this just appears I try again and it just appears again

m39dHLH.jpg

When I log in as administrator as above.. I can connect to the share \\server\X$

Why can't I connect when I user is in the administrators group? But the administrator account can?

Anyway I took a look at the permissions of X and Both my user and administrator had full control and the owner was administrator

I clicked "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and get this error for some of the folders in the share

K7bZB0c.jpg

I want to be able to access the share from my user account from any PC in the house

1 answer to this question

run "lusrmgr.msc" on each of the systems.  Make sure that the user name is actually the same.  If it's not, it may cause isses

As for the X$ share, this is a hidden, administrative share, so it may not work properly, depending on the exact configuration. 

I would recommend creating a specific share and using that instead.  

You can use "fsmgmt.msc" to manage the shared folders directly. And you can see what users are accessing it (to make sure they're authenticating properly).

Additionally, when creating shares, I would recommend giving "Everyone" full control, and then defaulting back onto the NTFS permissions.