Replicating CloudDrive to another cloud

Chuntzu

Question

I was experimenting with rcloning a "local drive" Cloud drive to DropBox or Google Drive and it didnt seem to work. But I have copied a local cloud drive from one location to another and it worked just fine. I have a feeling it is possible but I just dont have a proper understanding of what folder/files need to be copied and to what folder to show up in cloud drive. So instead of spending weeks copy and playing around I thought I would ask. I was wonder, prior to me starting an rclone task which will take a very long time, what is the proper data structure or location to copy one cloud drive to another cloud provider? 

end goal here is to rclone/copy a detached cloud drive from google drive to dropbox (or for that matter any provider to another ie box,gdrive,dropbox). Then connect to this cloned drive on this other provider. It is much faster for me to use rclone on a remote server with a gigabit connection to copy from one account to another than it is to create a new disk and upload all the same content to this new provider using my home upload speed.

Thank you

2 answers to this question

The problem here is that each provider has different profiles that we use for the provider. This is due to different issues or handling that the different providers have.  

So copying the data from one provider to another may not work. 

That said, try creating a small drive on the provider, see the path that is created on that provider, as that is the final destination that you need to use for the "new" content. 

Try creating a small drive, and play with that first, as it may be significantly simpler to test.