Newbie Help Please

skydivermel

Question

Hi all,

I have three disks in the pool, 2 X WD Red 3TB and 1 X WD 4TB. I have my Plex server reference the pool. For some insane reason I have deleted my Pictures folder  from the pool. I have attempted to run Recuva to find the files but it's not recognizing the drives. I have realtime duplication and read striping running under the performance tab but nothing else.

Is there a way to tell which disc the pictures were on (They are labeled as D: F: & G:) or a way for Recuva to find the files.

I appreciate any help you guys can give.

Mel

4 answers to this question

No backup i assume? No windows recycle bin? 

i'm going to assume win 10

stop the DP service ( run services.msc) 

go to explorer - view > options > change folder and search options > view tab > un check  "Hide protected..." - apply

then go to your drives and look in the poolpart directory - you should see your files or the ones you have not deleted :)

point recuva at the poolpart directories on the three drives

Please sort your backup out pronto and remember to turn back on protect system files!!!! and DP when you are done or reboot for dp

Maybe not, but if it's not mentioned, call it an educated guess based on a lot of experience. :)

As for QNAP and the like, that's because they're using some sort of snapshots to preserve the contents.  Which doesn't always work (or work long enough) depending on your storage and disk usage.