Duplication Errors

rubenhak

Question

Hi,

Is it possible to skip duplication errors and let the Drive Pool to proceed with duplication of other files without stopping?

This would dramatically reduce the time spent in resolving duplication issues. Ideally I'd like to see a list or tree of files

that failed the duplication and to be able to deal with them afterwards.

Thanks,

Ruben

2 answers to this question

Well, "C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool\Service\Logs\Service" stores a list of all the errors like this.

And, I'm pretty certain that DrivePool does keep on duplicating other files, and just reports the erroneous ones. 

(but I'll flag Alex, so he can confirm that, as well as because that's a nice suggestion, about listing the duplication errors).

Yep,

StableBit DrivePool's background duplication makes a note of any errors error and continues on. The errors are shown to you at the end of the entire duplication pass, but the UI for conflict resolution is really not that fancy. It's basically an automatic option or none. I'm sure that we can improve this in the future, but my thinking is that duplication conflicts should really be rare. I can't think of a situation where you would encounter duplication conflicts on a regular basis (at least in my experience).

Also, with real-time duplication enabled, background duplication should only happen when you make an administrative change, or disconnect a disk.